Weekly Notices 25 August 2019
Mission Project: next Sunday, 1 September will be for 24/7 Youth Workers. All donations will be much appreciated.
Timaru Combined Churches Prayer: Sunday 25 August, 7pm, Life Church, 134 Morgans Rd. ‘God’s heartache & our heartache, a call to prayer for Aotearoa’s rangatahi.’ NZ’s teen suicide rate (15-19) is the worst in the developed world, it is so high it raises the global average (2017 statistics). We encourage people to come along and be part of this. A Timaru Christian Ministers Association Event.
Winter Lunch: Our next meal is this Tuesday 27 August. We welcome diners to join us at St Stephens at 12noon for this 2 course meal. Cost of meal $10. Please contact Bev Ph 686 1207 if you are intending to come.
Rhythm Kids: Meets at Trinity Hall every Tuesday during the school term from 10.00am—11.00am. Contact Helen 684 6403 or 021 768 973.
Good Companions: Will meet Thursday 12 September, at 2pm in St Stephens Lounge. Mrs Margaret Littler will speak on her recent River Cruise through Europe. All welcome.
Plant Sale: At Stephens, 14 September starting at 9am. Flower & vegetable plants, cakes and some surprises. More details later. Contact: Murray 686 1629.
Operation Christmas Child
Thank you once again to those who supported this last year.
We will be supporting the project again this year. Each box is to contain something to wear, something to play with, something for school, something to love, something special and something for personal hygiene for boys and girls in ages 2-14 years. The boxes from New Zealand generally go to Asia or Pacific Island country.
You are all invited to support this by providing items as above or make a contribution towards transport costs which is $10.00 per box. If you wish to fill your own box please remember to include the transport cost of $10.00. A box will be in each foyer for you to put in the items or leave the donation. I will have a supply of the OCC boxes available soon. For further information contact Judith 688 6004.
Keep up to date with the latest information on our website: www.timarupres.org.nz
* Our Daily Bread, * The Word for Today and * Word for you Today. Pick up a copy from the table in the Foyer.
Need personal prayer? Contact one of the TPP Prayer Chain Branches: Rosalie 684 5878, or Heather 684 3847, or Marj 684 4953. All requests confidential.
100 Voices: Presented by the Midland Masonic Male Choir, In Harmony Choir, Timaru District Choir and Rhyth-Mix Singers on Sunday 1 September, 2pm, St Marys Church. $10 door entry (cash only). Supporting Westpac Rescue Helicopter Canterbury/West Coast.
Christian Superstore Timaru, 102 Stafford Street, Timaru:
- Fathers’ Day is coming and we have a great selection of books, mugs, cards and gifts available for the “Father” figure in your life.
- Myles Munroe in his book explores “The Fatherhood Principle” discussing the design that God has for man and their identity within a family and community.
- Derek Prince follows up this same theme in his book “Husbands and Fathers” and the purpose that God has for men both in a spiritual and physical example in life.
- While in her tract Jenny Kutz explores the meaning and relationship that we all can have with “Abba” Father that we can have a heavenly Father that we can accept adoption into Abba’s family. A home not of this world.
Sometimes we can confuse our role in life and each of these books reflects on who we are in God and empowers each of us to become more of who we truly are on the inside.
The volunteers at your local Christian Bookshop look forward to seeing you soon.
Bookings of Rooms in Both Complexes: Please remember to check with the Office and book in your group before you advertise it. This prevent double bookings. Office Phone 686 0981.
Mission Group:- Food Bank—When you buy a supermarket “special” item perhaps you could buy two, one for the Food Bank. Your donation doesn’t necessarily need to be a foodstuff item, it can be a cleaning product, or a toiletry item like toothpaste. These are very much appreciated.
Giving Everything that we have is a gift from God.
You can contribute financially in the following ways:
- Cash, cheque or envelope in the offering plate, thanks.
- Automatic Payment or internet banking – Acc no: 03-1714-0405434-01
Or if you have any queries, please email us at: email@example.com
Need more Offering Envelopes? Contact the church office 686 0981