Weekly Notices 10 February 2019
Mission Project: The Bucket Mission held last week raised $273 for The Leprosy Mission. Thankyou for your donations.
EQ Memorial Organ Concert: Dr Brett McKern from Sydney/ Sunday 10 February—2.30pm. Sacred Heart Basilica, Timaru. Free entry—donations towards expenses appreciated.
Eduard Klassen, offering a free concert in your area. Eduard is a visiting musician, He plays traditional hymns and songs and shares his story of growing up in the jungle of Paraguay. The concert is on: Monday Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 p.m. St. John’s Anglican Church, 125 Wai-Iti Rd, Highfield, Timaru.
Presbyterian Women: – Evening Group are having dessert and coffee and also a show and tell evening on 12 February at 7.30pm. All most welcome. Please ring Linda 027 688 9170.
– Good Companions: Meet at St Stephens on 14 February at 2pm. Michael Wilkinson will be talking about his teaching years at Timaru College & Mt View High School.
– Presbyterian Women’s Lunch Group meet on Wednesday, February 20, in Room 1, Trinity Hall. Shared lunch. Sales table. Speaker confirmed next week. Contacts Dianne 686 0440 or Alison 699 4317
Deadline for February/March LINK: Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop copy in to the Church Office by Friday 15 February
College Road duty Roster for Mar/Apr/May. Please phone the office 686 0981 or email email@example.com if you are NOT available to be on the roster over the next 3 months. Please reply by 15 February
Journey 21: Meets at the C-Bay carpark at 9am on Sunday 17 February. The theme for February is: Sand Between Your Toes. Contact: Ellen ph 688 8107.
2019 TPP Relay for Life Fundraising Begins: We are kick starting our “Super Hero” Team fundraising with an “extra special” morning tea on Sunday 17 February served in the Hall of Trinity Community Centre, following our combined church service. A gold coin donation is all you need!! Please join us – you can’t beat a good cuppa, and a cheery catchup! We are also brain storming for fundraising ideas especially ideas that see us enjoy fun and fellowship together, whilst helping a worthy cause! Get those thinking caps on! Want to know more? Contact: Catherine Ph. 686 1382 or Sandra Ph. 688 3619.
Tai Chi: Please come and join in gentle exercise at St Stephen’s Hall, Thursdays 10.30am. All welcome. Contact: Michelle 022 0523 810
The Community Club: Meet Tuesdays, 1.30-3.30pm at St Stephens for Cards 500, Indoor Bowls, Scrabble & Art. New members welcome. Contact: Sid & Hazel 684 3478.
THANK YOU to all elders and pastoral visitors and link deliverers who came to our meeting in November and shared ideas for improving the pastoral care in our parish. The main suggestions were
1. We can all be involved in pastoral care, looking out for each other, meeting each other’s needs.
2. A friendly phone call to anyone who has not been at church for a while, saying “We’ve missed you, is everything okay?”
3. If you are aware of any need, please let us know. Phone the office, one of the ministers, or one of the pastoral committee. Beth 686 0466, Indi 684 4361, Isabel 684 3113, Robin 688 8695, Sandra 6883619.
We will implement other suggestions over the course of the year when possible.
Mission Group Update:
- Family Works: We have had advice from Family Works regarding the Food Bank, and they are fairly well stocked with breakfast cereals at present but are in need of such things as spreads and jams to have on bread or toast.
- Buy & Supply News: The funds raised on our two Buy and Supply tables this month will go to Family Support ( formerly Birthright ) for help with prescription costs, and also essential health items such as cough mixture. Over the December/January period $84 was raised and this has been forwarded to Family Works for help with school uniforms. Please support the Mission Group’s worthwhile initiative by buying, supplying or both!
Giving Everything that we have is a gift from God.
You can contribute financially in the following ways:
- Cash, cheque or envelope in the offering plate, thanks.
- Automatic Payment or internet banking – Acc no: 03-1714-0405434-01
Or if you have any queries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more Offering Envelopes? Contact the church office 686 0981