Weekly Notices 9 December 2018
Mission Project: The Retiring Offering and the Bucket Mission last week raised $ 274 for Local Refugees. Thank you to all of you who donated.
Access to St Stephens Complex: While the builders are doing the alterations to the foyer, access to the church, hall and lounge is through the outside office door, following the directions and arrows. Please stay out of the building site as this is a hazardous area.
Meals on Wheels: Thank you so much to those who came forward for December’s Deliveries. Much appreciated.
Tai Chi: Please come and join in gentle exercise at St Stephen’s Hall, Thursdays 10.30am. All welcome. Ph: Michelle 022 0523 810
Bookings of Rooms in Both Complexes: Please remember to check with the Office and book in your group before you advertise it. This prevent double bookings. Phone 686 0981.
Morning Tea Duty for Trinity: We require one person for M.T. duty on 16 Dec. Can you please help. Ph Mollie 688 3355
Christmas Eve Service: A team is required to help set up the Service. If you are able, please ph Rory 027 570 5156 or the Office 686 0981
Good Companions: Meet at St Stephens on 13 December. Please bring a small plate of fancy food for our Christmas meeting.
Need personal prayer? Contact one of the TPP Prayer Chain Branches: Rosalie 684 5878, or Heather 684 3847, or Marj 684 4953. All requests confidential.
Changes of Address etc: Please advise the church office of any changes. Thank you.
Alpine Presbytery Newsletter: Keep up to date on what is happening in our Alpine Presbytery. A few copies of the Newsletter are being placed on the table in Foyers each week. Pick up a copy, you might find something of interest in it. If you are not on our email list and would like a copy emailed, please contact our office ph 686 0981.
Touring Choir & Orchestra: Following concerts across Australia & Europe, Artes Christi is coming to NZ and will present a Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols in Timaru Basilica on Thursday 13 December (5pm – 6pm). All welcome. Entry by donation, supporting the Sacred Heart Basilica ‘Earthquake Strengthening’ Appeal. www.christmasinthecity.org.au
Saucepan Missing: A large saucepan is missing from St Stephen’s kitchen. If you know the whereabouts of this item please ring Bev 686 1207
Mission Group Update:
- Items for Women’s Refuge—Collection of basic toiletries, such as toothpaste, shampoo, toothbrushes, sanitary tampons, soap etc. for the Women’s Refuge. Christmas is an extremely busy time for the Refuge and our donations are very welcome. Please Note: Last day for these items is today.
- Family Works—We have had advice from Family Works regarding the Food Bank, and they are fairly well stocked with breakfast cereals at present but are in need of such things as canned fish, pasta sauces, soup, something to make a meal. Family Works really appreciate donations of meat (fresh or frozen) and fruit or vegetables. These items would need to be personally delivered to their North Street office.
- Buy and Supply is up and running again. The money collected will go to the installation of two stained glass windows into the new upgraded area at the St Stephen’s complex. This collection will run till the end of December, and then it will change to Family Support (Birthright) for school uniform assistance.
Giving Everything that we have is a gift from God.
You can contribute financially in the following ways:
- Cash, cheque or envelope in the offering plate, thanks.
- Automatic Payment or internet banking – Acc no: 03-1714-0405434-01
Or if you have any queries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more Offering Envelopes? Contact the church office 686 0981