Weekly Notices 2 December 2018
Mission Project: The Retiring Offering and the Bucket Mission this morning, will be for Local Refugees.
Access to St Stephens Complex: While the builders are doing the alterations to the foyer, access to the church, hall and lounge is through the outside office door, following the directions and arrows. Please stay out of the building site as this is a hazardous area.
Meals on Wheels: Drivers Urgently needed for December’s Deliveries. Please ph Pam 684 6600 for more information.
Eatwell Fruit & Vege Co-op: Market-fresh fruit & vegetables. Packs $15 or $8. Text or phone 022 123 3663 or Facebook: facebook.com/Eatwell Timaru & message to order, for a pack each Thursday for pick up on the following Tuesday. Thank you.
Temuka Presbyterian Women have invited women from our Combined Parish to join with them for a Shared Lunch on Tuesday, December 4 at 12 noon in their Church Hall. Please bring lunch food to share. There is an option to take an item for their Food Bank.
Bookings of Rooms in Both Complexes: Please remember to check with the Office and book in your group before you advertise it. This prevent double bookings. Phone 686 0981.
Deadline for December/February LINK: Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop copy in to the Church Office by Friday 7 December.
Need personal prayer? Contact one of the TPP Prayer Chain Branches: Rosalie 684 5878, or Heather 684 3847, or Marj 684 4953. All requests confidential.
Mission Group:- Food Bank—When you buy a supermarket “special” item perhaps you could buy two, one for the Food Bank. Your donation doesn’t necessarily need to be a foodstuff item, it can be a cleaning product, or a toiletry item like toothpaste. These are very much appreciated.
Touring Choir & Orchestra: Following concerts across Australia & Europe, Artes Christi is coming to NZ and will present a Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols in Timaru Basilica on Thursday 13 December (5pm – 6pm). All welcome. Entry by donation, supporting the Sacred Heart Basilica ‘Earthquake Strengthening’ Appeal. www.christmasinthecity.org.au
Keep up to date with the latest information on our website: www.timarupres.org.nz
Changes of Address etc: Please advise the church office of any changes. Thank you.
A Navy Sleeveless Vest was found in the lounge at St Stephens. If this is yours call in to the office Tues—Fri. to pick up.
Mission Group Update:
- Items for Women’s Refuge—Collection of basic toiletries, such as toothpaste, shampoo, toothbrushes, sanitary tampons, soap etc. for the Women’s Refuge. Christmas is an extremely busy time for the Refuge and our donations are very welcome. Please Note: We will be running this until 9 December 2018.
- Family Works—We have had advice from Family Works regarding the Food Bank, and they are fairly well stocked with breakfast cereals at present but are in need of such things as canned fish, pasta sauces, soup, something to make a meal. Family Works really appreciate donations of meat (fresh or frozen) and fruit or vegetables. These items would need to be personally delivered to their North Street office.
- Buy and Supply is up and running again. The money collected will go to the installation of two stained glass windows into the new upgraded area at the St Stephen’s complex. This collection will run till the end of December, and then it will change to Family Support (Birthright) for school uniform assistance.
Giving Everything that we have is a gift from God.
You can contribute financially in the following ways:
- Cash, cheque or envelope in the offering plate, thanks.
- Automatic Payment or internet banking – Acc no: 03-1714-0405434-01
Or if you have any queries, please email us at: email@example.com
Need more Offering Envelopes? Contact the church office 686 0981