Weekly Notices 25 November 2018
Welcome to our Combined Service at Trinity this morning. Our service today includes Stir-Up and Membership Sunday, along with a Congregational Meeting to follow.
Access to St Stephens Complex: While the builders are doing the alterations to the foyer, access to the church, hall and lounge is through the outside office door, following the directions and arrows. Please stay out of the building site as this is a hazardous area.
Bookings of Rooms in Both Complexes: Please remember to check with the Office and book in your group before you advertise it. This prevent double bookings. Phone 686 0981.
Christmas Lunch will be held on Tuesday 27 November at St Stephens Church hall starting at midday. We invite members of our community to join us in this two course meal. There is a charge of $7. Please contact Bev Ph 686 1207.
Boys Brigade Fundraiser: We are selling mini pavlovas at $15 per dozen. They are seconds and will keep for several months without being frozen. Ideal for the Christmas parties etc with cream and strawberries!! Order from John & Christine, ph 688 2554 or David ph 688 9250. Better still get an order form from one of us, and sell them at your social, sports, or service club as your way of helping the Boys Brigade.
Mission Project: The Retiring Offering and the Bucket Mission next Sunday, December 2, will be for Local Refugees.
Rhythm Kids: Meets at Trinity Hall every Tuesday during the school term from 9.30am-10.30am. Last session for the year is 4 December. Contact Helen 684 6403 or 021 768 973 .
Zumba Gold Exercises: Do come along and enjoy exercise and fun. Wednesdays weekly at St Stephen’s Hall at 1pm.
Alpine Presbytery Newsletter: Keep up to date on what is happening in our Alpine Presbytery. A few copies of the Newsletter are being placed on the table in Foyers each week. Pick up a copy, you might find something of interest in it. If you are not on our email list and would like a copy emailed, please contact our office ph 686 0981.
Changes of Address etc: Please advise the church office of any changes. Thank you.
Mission Updates recently received: These are in the magazine holder on the table in Foyers: Please feel free to take and read:
- Mission without Borders
- World Vision Gift Catalogue
- Leprosy Mission Christmas Catalogue
Keep up to date with the latest information on our website: www.timarupres.org.nz
Mission Group Update:
- Items for Women’s Refuge—Collection of basic toiletries, such as toothpaste, shampoo, toothbrushes, sanitary tampons, soap etc. for the Women’s Refuge. Christmas is an extremely busy time for the Refuge and our donations are very welcome. We will be running this until 2 January 2019.
- Family Works—We have had advice from Family Works regarding the Food Bank, and they are fairly well stocked with breakfast cereals at present but are in need of such things as canned fish, pasta sauces, soup, something to make a meal. Family Works really appreciate donations of meat (fresh or frozen) and fruit or vegetables. These items would need to be personally delivered to their North Street office.
- Buy and Supply is up and running again. The money collected will go to the installation of two stained glass windows into the new upgraded area at the St Stephen’s complex. This collection will run till the end of December, and then it will change to Family Support (Birthright) for school uniform assistance.
Timaru Christian Superstore—102 Stafford Street—We have a great collection of bibles, especially the beautifully presented NKJV Study and reference Bibles. These range in price from $40 to $140. If we don’t have any that you like in store we are able to order for you. We have small, large and now super giant print bibles. We also have a varied collection of bible stories, either directly from the bible or put in an easily readable story format. Stories that are rhythmical, short or longer as per your preference. We also have mugs, pens, vase’s, tea towels. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Giving Everything that we have is a gift from God.
You can contribute financially in the following ways:
- Cash, cheque or envelope in the offering plate, thanks.
- Automatic Payment or internet banking – Acc no: 03-1714-0405434-01
Or if you have any queries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more Offering Envelopes? Contact the church office 686 0981