Weekly Notices 11 November 2018
Mission Project : The Retiring Offering and Bucket Mission last week raised $297 for Women’s Refuge in Timaru. Thank you to all who made donations.
Access to St Stephens Complex: While the builders are doing the alterations to the foyer, access to the church, hall and lounge is through the outside office door, following the directions and arrows. Please stay out of the building site as this is a hazardous area.
Next Week: Special Christmas Service run by the Girls Brigade. Please note No Photos are to be taken due to child safety concerns.
Journey 21: Meet 9am next Sunday 18 November at C-Bay Carpark. Topic for the month is: Spice Trails. All welcome.
Morning Tea Duty at Trinity: Are you available for Morning Tea Duty on 18 Nov. We require 1 person. Please ph Mollie on 688 3355 or the office 686 0981.
For the Love of God + -: A documentary from the Centre for Public Christianity, St John’s Anglican Church, Sun 18 Nov 7pm. $5 for tickets at the door. Love to see you there.
Boys & Girls Brigade: Kindling available all year round, for sale $10 a sack. Contact Fiona 688 0375 or see me at church.
Keep up to date with the latest information on our website: www.timarupres.org.nz
Evening Group: Christmas pot luck dinner at Linda Fraser’s home Tues 20 Nov at 7pm. Contact: Linda 027 688 9170
Lunch Group – Wed, 21 Nov in Room 1, Trinity Community Centre. Shared lunch. Sales table. Speaker: Ngaire Pearce about her recent visits to the USA, Canada & Ireland. All‑women welcome. Contacts: Dianne 686 0440 and Alison 688 4317.
College Road duty Roster for Dec 2018/Jan/Feb 2019. Please phone the office 686 0981 or Mollie 688 3355 if you are NOT available to be on the roster over the next 3 months. Please reply by 20 November 2018.
Pastoral Visitors & Link Deliverers Coffee & Dessert Evening: Wed 21 Nov, 7pm at St Stephens Church. We would like to say “Thank you” for all you have done over the past year and for many years. It will be a social evening with sharing of ideas.
The Community Club: Tues, 1.30-3.30pm at St Stephens for Cards 500, Indoor Bowls, Scrabble & Art. New members welcome. Contact: Sid & Hazel 684 3478.
Sunday 25 November—Combined Service at Trinity: Stir-Up and Membership Sunday, along with a Congregational Meeting.
Christmas Lunch: The date for our Christmas lunch is 27 November. This will be held in the hall at St Stephens at 12 noon. Contact Bev ph 686 1207.
Mission Group Update:
- Items for Women’s Refuge—From this Sunday until 2 January 2019 we will be running a collection of basic toiletries, such as toothpaste, shampoo, toothbrushes, sanitary tampons, soap etc. for the Women’s Refuge. Christmas is an extremely busy time for the Refuge and our donations are very welcome.
- Family Works—We have had advice from Family Works regarding the Food Bank, and they are fairly well stocked with breakfast cereals at present but are in need of such things as canned fish, pasta sauces, soup, something to make a meal. Family Works really appreciate donations of meat (fresh or frozen) and fruit or vegetables. These items would need to be personally delivered to their North Street office.
- Buy and Supply is up and running again. The money collected will go to the installation of two stained glass windows into the new upgraded area at the St Stephen’s complex. This collection will run till the end of December, and then it will change to Family Support (Birthright) for school uniform assistance.
Operation Christmas Boxes: A big thank you to all the folk who supported the Operation Christmas Boxes appeal this year by either lovingly filing a box, providing goodies for the boxes and additional donations to the travel costs. A special thank you to the persons who made the teddy bears and owl, they were just ideal. We contributed 66 boxes over a range of ages as follows: They are all now with the drop off depot and will be shortly starting their journey to the children. Judith Begg
Girls: 2-4 years 8 5-9 years 20 10-14 years 8 Total: 36
Boys: 2-4 years 7 5-9 years 13 10-14 years 10 Total: 30
From the Treasurer:
With one quarter of the financial year gone here are some points to ponder:
- Giving is a little below our projections
- Great effort with plant sale fundraiser. Just over $3500 raised 🙂
- Expenditure running well but some big bills due to come in.
Overall running close to budget. Keep up the good work.